Saturday, January 19, 2008

ME (7:24:43 PM): hmmm, well, actually...
ME (7:25:09 PM): given the choice to be: a cyborg, a ninja, a vampire, a superhero/villain... i suppose it would actually be a pretty tough call
***
ME (7:26:59 PM): but i guess there's no reason why those categories need to be mutually exclusive... the cyborg, ninja, vampire, and supervillain

*Have I mentioned before how these days, I would probably be a supervillain instead of a superhero? Not that I'd go around causing mayhem and destruction, but I'd just probably be too inclined to use my powers for personal gain. (And I mean, that's not to say I wouldn't be averse to doing a good turn every now and again, if it wasn't any skin off my back. But I probably wouldn't make any kinda habit of it.) Maybe I have fallen to the darkside after all these years, or maybe it's just a general cynicism about the "goodness" of humanity. I've come to the conclusion that mankind is inherently evil... or at the least, not good. (Too much greed and corruption in this world.) Humankind will be saved or destroyed by its own hands, with or without the meddling of outside "powers".

And anyways, I don't think real-life is as black & white as the old skool comicbook worlds would sometimes have you believe. Why's it always gotta be heroes & villains? Why can't I just be a super-something and leave it at that? "With great power comes great responsibility"? pssshhhh, please... save it for the boyscouts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home