Monday, April 23, 2007

LA. So I went to LA this past weekend and met up with a lot of the old high school/college crew. Somehow it was decided that we should all meet up on one of my SHORT weekends, but whatever, it was still a blast. Man, it's so nice to be around ppl who understand your jokes and that you don't have to worry about judging you. Like, I think I'm SERIOUSLY developing a reputation for being the weirdo among my coworkers- no one gets me here. =(

Anyways, so on Saturday we went and had a Korean BBQ buffet at Mu Dung San that was pretty good- got totally stuffed. Later on, we went over to Allen's place in Alhambra and played cards. Had a semi-dinner at Diamond Plaza in Rowland Heights, where we met up with some of Daisy's posse. Then we went clubbing at Dream Lounge, which was seriously like in the middle of nowhere (City of Industry). Some ppl's nights were ended disappointingly early by excessive pre-party, but I still had a lot of fun anyways. Man, I'd nearly forgotten how nice it is to hang out with females in even ratios. (Through my poor choice of hobbies & interests, poor choice of major, taking unfortunate sides in arguments... I found most of college to be a perpetual "sausage fest," as Allen would describe it.)

On Sunday, we went over to Jeff's (parents') place in Irvine and played Magic: the Gathering. (HAH! And I used to wonder why I never seemed to hang out with females, ahaha.) Later on, we went to a Japanese BBQ with members of Tony and Paul's WoW guild. They were all older- like married with children; and I couldn't help but imagine that that's what my life would be like I I hadn't gotten out of the game. I mean, they were nice enough ppl and all, but... that's just not for me. Anyways, we finished up dinner late, and I drove back to Vegas in the dead of night.

I had a doctor's appointment the next morning, where the doc broke me the horrid (semi-)news that my blood pressure is too high (150/90). (I mean, it' ALWAYS run a bit on the high side, but this was the 1st doctor to actually put me on blood pressure meds. =/ I dunno, I filled the prescription but haven't started popping the pills- I bought myself a blood pressure monitor and have been keeping tabs on it, and I think I'm ok (140/70 average), but I guess we'll see what the doc says about it next time. *le sigh*

*So one of my coworkers invited me to a "get-together" at her place a week before, and (since she's reasonably young,) I assumed she meant it'd be a house party, like a kegger. So I show up at the door carrying this big case of liquor, only to find out that it was actually a dinner party! omg, it was pretty embarassing. Yea, I dunno, I guess you just pass a certain age, and the terms "party" and "get-together" start taking on different meanings, huh? Ah well, lesson learned, I suppose.

I attended UNLVino the week before as well (4/14). It's this huge 3 day wine tasting event that's a fundraiser for the UNLV school of hotel management. Anyways, so me & a coworker went, and it was a pretty nice scene and there were some tasty wines. But the big drawback was that tickets were 75 bucks a pop. And yea, it was good, and I probably drank way more than $75 worth of booze, but it didn't FEEL like a $75 buzz. Like for THAT much, I was expecting to get thoroughly plastered, but nope. I guess that's what I get for showing up "fashionably late" and then pacing myself for what I anticipated to be the long haul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home