Monday, February 12, 2007

"Danny the Dog."

ME: went out clubbing with coworkers again this weekend. wound up with a horrid hangover and a whole night's worth of nightmares
V: haha that much fun huh?
ME: hahaha, i guess depends which way u look at it
ME: but yea, got all liquored up beforehand at a coworker's place, and i let it slip out of my mouth that i've always been curious how tasty dog food is... and then they peer pressured me into trying it....
V: hahahahhaha
V: omg
V: and how was it?
V: everything u thought it'd be?
ME: then one of the nightmares i had was about being pinned down by a big dog and french kissed
ME: it actually wasn't half bad, to tell the truth
ME: (the dog food, not the kiss)
V: hahaha
ME: it was like a poor man's beef stew
ME: but it was weird, like there were potatoes & carrots in there too, and i was like since when do dogs eat vegetables??
V: haha dogs need veggies too!
V: haha so it was like human food...
ME: well, i hear the kibbles & bits style dry stuff is nasty, but the stuff i tried was the soupy canned kind
ME: the meat chunks were a bit squishier than normal meat, but taste wasn't too off
ME: the "soup" was a bit too goopy snot like though
ME: but in a pinch, i'd eat it again and not make a huge deal about it
ME: and i guess by "pinch" i mean if ppl weren't judging me, and i couldn't get human food
V: hahahahah
V: yeah i know what you're talking about
V: that stuff does look kinda good
V: but it smells... kinda funky
ME: i told rex, and he said he heard it was made from ground up fish. i had heard it was made from meat that wasn't fit for human consumption
ME: yea, i'm SERIOUS, like those fancy feast commercials? "for only the finest of tastes" looks delish

Heh, but yea, so me and the coworkers went to the Revolution lounge inside of Mirage. The place was decorated real chic and all, but the crowd was all pretty old (like 40+ I would guess). From there we went to the club Light inside of Bellagio. This club was pretty meh I would say. Kinda just a dancefloor & bar with not a whole lot of deco. They were spinning retro all night, which was kinda weird, cuz I swear like half those songs are on the "Old Skool" playlist on my iPod, hahah. Michael Jackson? Cyndi Lauper? Classic, heheh. But yea, one of my coworkers is pretty well connected, so he gets us into all these places for free, which is pretty sweet.

But yea, I got real wistful thinking about how this town feels so impermanent. Like the futility of meeting ppl at clubs and whatnot if they're just gonna be gone by the end of the week anyways. Single serving friendships. Everyone's just a tourist passing through. The transience of it all drives me nuts. I dunno, I just think it's kinda sad that I've been here this long and I still don't really have a single friend in this town outside of work. =/ (It doesn't help either that mentioning what I do for a living makes me a hated villain to many politically opinionated ppl around here. So whenever locals ask you what you do, you kinda gotta sidestep the question or use a lot of abstraction (e.g. "government contract work", "waste management").) But yea, I've never been good about making new friends and all to begin with. I gotta find out how/where to meet new ppl.

*The title of the post, "Danny the Dog," was the Hong Kong release name of Jet Li's "Unleashed," for those of you who didn't catch the reference (...which is probably everyone except Michael, haha).

**OMFG, Eukanuba (the brand that I tried) is being recalled cuz pets are dying! >=O OMGWTFBBQ!??!?! Yea, so if I keel over and die from liver/kidney failure in the next couple weeks, we'll know why. -_-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home