Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I moved into my brother's old apartment here in Austin for the summer last week. It's located in the Mediation Center right across from the Plucker's near campus. Anyways, it's been a harsh adjustment, adapting to apartment life. I'm like a total apartment hermit, hahaha. I go whole days without seeing sunlight or speaking any words. But yea, man, it's such a big jump in independence/responsibility going from dorms to apartment. Cooking, cleaning, dishes, and other household chores easily take 2-3 of my 12 waking hours a day, hahah. I can totally see now how "housewife" could be a full-time profession. I utterly loooaaaathe doing dishes; it's probably the household chore I detest doing the most (; well, that and maybe mowing the lawn). And cooking is a lot harder than I remember (; I used to cook a good bit as a young'un). I gotta figure it out fast, cuz I'm getting pretty sick of eating burnt food. I had to get on a stool and take the batteries out of the smoke detector my second day here, haha.

Anyways, I'm here in Austin, "researching" till mid July. I set my own hours, and quite honestly, I don't set a whole lot for myself, haha. Still hunting around for ppl in Austin to play.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i wanna come play!

6/04/2005 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll play with you!!!

In a non-sexual way of course =)

6/14/2005 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home