Saturday, April 30, 2005

I went and watched The Marriage of Figaro with Minnie, Darby, and Yi-Lin tonight. I was a little hesitant to go at first, cuz the only other experience I'd had with opera was when I went to see Madame Butterfly for a school field trip back in like elementary school. I remember thinking that it was pretty boring at the time, hahaha. Well anyways, Marriage of Figaro was much more amusing. I dunno if I'm just more mature and appreciative of this kind of thing now, or if it was just more fun cuz it was a comedy. (It actually was pretty funny.) I had thought that it'd be a "comedy" in the sense that Shakespearean comedies are "comedies". (I tend to miss most Shakespearean humor unless I watch it performed.) I guess like with this, even if you don't really catch all the wit of the singing/dialogue or whatever, there's still a good bit of physical humor in the performers' actions and whatnot. Anyways, it was a very positive experience overall, and now I'm not nearly as hesitant to go to another opera anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home