Thursday, April 18, 2002

Well, at the UIL math meeting today, I found out that I did better than I thought on the mathematics. I got 5th place, and the team got 2nd. Well, the thing that sucks is that the first place team Berkener (and all its individuals) dropped out, so as alternate, we're up. Now, normally I'd be pretty happy about this, but the thing is... the regional competition is down in Waco, which is like hours away, and the number sense competition (which I was already gonna take) is the first contest, and the mathematics is the very last. That means we've gotta leave Plano like at 5:30ish AM and won't get home til like 6:00PM, on Saturday. Bleehhhhh... what a way to kill a weekend. =( Maaaan, it's not like we stand a very good chance anyways... the schools that win these are seriously elite; like from what I've heard, their individual scores (for number sense) are as good as our 3-person combined team scores! uggghhh... this is gonna suck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home